Proceedings of the 14th Histopathology Workshop
Hosted -as for over 25 years- by the biennial EAFP International Conference, the 14th edition of Fish Histopathology Workshop took place on 8th September 2019, in the Faculty of Sciences, University of Porto, Portugal.
Once again, the workshop was a successful meeting, and very well attended by over 95 colleagues from all around the world.
The 2019 edition included the excellent addition of the invited speaker Dr Jeff Wolf (Experimental Pathology Laboratories, Sterling, Virginia, USA) who covered the relevant subject of “Artefacts in Fish Histology” and also presented a large number of outstanding and interesting cases within the theme of the workshop: “Skin-associated Pathology”.
The list below shows all the presentations provided during the workshop. The access to the workshop proceedings is granted to active EAFP members only.
Please click here to access available files, upon login using valid credentials.
- Diane G. Elliott – Skin Deep: microscopic anatomy of normal finfish integument
- Jeff Wolff – Artefacts in fish histology
- Heike Schmidt-Posthaus – Neoplasm in a catfish, arising from the skin scutes.
- Heike Schmidt-Posthaus – Scleromyxoedema in koi carp.
- Cara Brosnahan – Skin ulcers in Chinook salmon, Oncorhynchus tshawytscha.
- Thomas Wahli – Ichthyophthiriasis in brown trout.
- Koen Chiers – Lesions resembling Red Mark Syndrome in wild caught common dab (Limanda limanda).
- Constanze Pietsch – Skin and muscle changes of unknown aetiology in farm-reared Burbot (Lota lota).
- Rita Smirnov – Fish pox disease (Cyprinid herpes virus, CyHV-1) in common carp (Cyprinus carpio) in Israeli fish farms.
- Patricia Noguera – Ulcerative Dermal Necrosis (UDN)- like lesions in Scottish wild Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar).
- Patricia Noguera – Skin lesions associated with Anisakis simplex in RVS affected Atlantic salmon.
- Marta Alarcón – Tenacibaculum dicentrarchi infection in Lumpfish (Cyclopterus lumpus).
- Liv Ostevik – Scuticociliatosis in Lumpfish (Cyclopterus lumpus).
- Nimalan Nadanesabesan – Evaluation of skin mucous cells of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) fed plant-based diets and probiotics.
- Valentina Pacorig – Crown-like structures in visceral adipose tissue of gilthead seabream (Sparus aurata) juveniles.
- Paola Beraldo – Gill arteritis in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss).
For any further info please get in touch with a workshop organiser, Barbara Nowak, Dianne G. Elliott, Patricia Noguera, or Heike Schmidt-Posthaus.
Once more, we extend a big Thank You to all participants and presenters; we hope to see you again in 2021!
Barbara, Heike, Diane & Patricia