Proceedings of the 13th Histopathology Workshop
The 13th edition of the Histopathology Workshop took place on Sunday 3rd September 2017 in Belfast. The workshop was organised by Barbara Nowak, Dianne Elliott, Patricia Noguera and Heike Schmidt-Posthaus. The guest speaker was Jeff Wolf, an expert on artefacts in fish histology.
The new approach of presenting cases as digitalized histology slides, it allowed for an all-time high number of participants, indeed the regular conference venue was used. We will surely miss the traditional “hands on microscope” workshops, but as technology moves on we considered a modern approach has to reflect the current state of the art. This new approach allowed to drastically increase the numbers of attendance, to an event that had always been over booked since it started > 25 years ago.
We would very much like to thank Jeff Wolf for his excellent talks, as well as to all other colleagues who brought their interesting cases making this workshop -once more- a great success.
The list bellow shows all the presentations provided during the workshop, as provided by each author.
The access to the workshop proceedings is granted to active EAFP members only. Please click here to access available files, upon login using valid credentials.
- Keynote talk: Jeff Wolff – The Growing Credibility Gap and How to Bridge It
- Jeff Wolff – Misdiagnoses and Missed Diagnoses: Challenges in Fish Toxicologic Pathology
- Marian McLoughlin – The Fish Kidney: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.
- Diane G. Elliott, Carla M. Conway & George E. Sanders – An unusual case of ceratomyxosis caused by Ceratonova (Ceratomyxa) shasta in hybrid Yellowstone cutthroat trout (Oncorhynchus clarkii bouvieri) X rainbow trout (O. mykiss).
- Heike Schmidt-Posthaus – Proliferative kidney disease – changes of histopathology in the time course of infection.
- Thomas Wahli – Trematode larvae in kidney of an Atlantic salmon.
- Thomas Wahli – Parasitic kidney infection in brown trout.
- Thomas Wahli & Daniel Zopfi – Bacterial kidney infection in Atlantic salmon.
- Francesc Padrós & Maria Constenla – Kidney lesions in systemic amebiasis by Endolimax piscium infection in Senegalese sole (Solea senegalensis).
- Eva Lewisch – Infection with CyHV-2 causing mass mortality in Gibel carp (Carassius gibilio).
- Constanze Pietsch – Degenerative processes in head kidney and trunk kidney of carp (Cyprinus carpio) after feeding of different levels with the mycotoxin zearalenone.
- Heike Schmidt-Posthaus – Glomerulocystic kidney disease in a group of related turbot (Scophthalmus maximus).
- Margarita Smirnov – Nephrocalcinosis in kidney of sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax).
- Barbara Nowak – Trichodina in kidney of Greenland sculpin.
For any further info please get in touch with a workshop organiser, Barbara Nowak, Dianne Elliott, Patricia Noguera or Heike Schmidt-Posthaus.