Open EAFP Workshop
Monday 4th Sept 2017, 3.45 p.m. Room 1
Be welcome! This is an open workshop, organized by Olga Haenen (from WBVR, the Netherlands), Laurent Bigarré (from ANSES, France), Takafumi Ito (from NRIA, Japan), Jean-Christophe Avarre (from Institute of Evolutionary Sciences of Montpellier, France), and Niccolò Vendramin (from the EURL for Fish Diseases). A handout with abstracts will be provided to the attendees.
- Short intro by Olga Haenen
- Takafumi Ito: Difficulty of preventing spread of cyprinid herpesvirus 2
- Laurent Bigarré: Perhabdoviruses, a threat for percid farming
- Niccolò Vendramin: Piscine Orthoreoviruses in farmed rainbow trout: pathogenesis under experimental conditions and diagnostics
- Olga Haenen: Carp Edema Virus in Europe
- Jean-Christophe Avarre: The potential role of fish endogenous retroviruses in disease emergence
- Discussion of appr. 50 min, on:
- Which are the most important neglected viral disease problems in freshwater fish farming?
- Are diagnostic methods up to date, which ones to use?
- Are prevention measures in place, and which specific vaccines are needed?
- What recommendations can be made for effective diagnosis and prevention of neglected viral disease problems in freshwater fish farming?
The intention is to write a joint publication on this workshop for the EAFP Bulletin.