CALL FOR PAPERS:
The Bulletin of the European Association of Fish Pathologists
Special Edition: “Diagnostics for Aquatic Animal Diseases”
As a key component of disseminating the progress made in current fish and shellfish diagnostics development and research, we will be publishing a Special edition issue on ‘Diagnostics for Aquatic Animal Diseases’ in the EAFP Bulletin. The format for paper submissions is very flexible and should be no more than about 10 pages in length, including references, tables, and figures. The scope of this special edition includes all topics within the field of diagnostics for aquatic animal diseases. This may include but is not limited to:
- Development and validation of molecular methods – e.g. PCR, qPCR
- Development and validation of histological methods – e.g. immunohistochemistry, In situ hybridization, immunofluorescence
- Case studies on pathogen detection using novel approaches
- Comparisons of different diagnostic tests
- Evaluation of sensitivity and specificity of diagnostic methods
- Practically applicable papers including clinical examination and diagnostic capacity
Guidelines for manuscripts:
- <10 pages in length including references, tables, and figures
- Font size 12 Times New Roman or Calibri, titles, and subtitles in bold text
- The structure should include:
Review paper – Title, list of authors and affiliations, list of keywords, Abstract, Introduction/Background, Sub-headed sections, Conclusions, Acknowledgements, References
Method paper – Title, list of authors and affiliations, list of keywords, Abstract, Brief Introduction, Extended Methods Section, Results, Comparative Discussion with other similar methods, Acknowledgements, References
Research papers – Title, list of authors and affiliations, Keywords, Abstract, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion (including a concluding paragraph), Acknowledgements, References.
Results and Discussion sections can also be combined where appropriate. Manuscript text should be submitted in Word doc. Format with continuous line numbers. Figures should be submitted independently and separately as png. tif. or jpg.
Submissions should be through Scholastica via the EAFP Webpage.
Please note, all submissions will be subject to peer review with Decisions made within four weeks from the submission.
For any questions relating to this Special edition please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Sean Monaghan or Dr. Snježana Zrnčić.
Dr. Sean Monaghan, EAFP Publications Officer / EAFP Bulletin Editor: [email protected]
Dr. Snježana Zrnčić, EAFP General Secretary / Co-Editor: [email protected]