EAFP Council elections
Regarding the EAFP Council elections – announced in EAFP Bulletin Issue 41(1), on the EAFP web site, and in the EAFP Newsletter (March 2021), nominations for EAFP Council posts effective from September 2021 are now closed.
Nominees for EAFP President:
- Klaus Knopf (Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries, Germany)
- Ivona Mladineo (Institute of Parasitology, Czech Republic)
Nominees for EAFP Meeting Secretary:
- Astrid Holzer (Institute of Parasitology, Czech Republic)
- Bartolomeo Gorgoglione (Michigan State University, USA)
- Barbara Nowak (University of Tasmania, Australia)
Nominee for Treasurer:
- Constanze Pietsch (Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland)
As there was a single Nominee for Treasurer voting for this EAFP Council post will not be necessary. Dr. Pietsch will be appointed as Treasurer for the term of four years, starting from the General Assembly during the EAFP conference in September.
Voting for President and Meeting Secretary will take electronically, though an Election Runner poll. The first requisite for voting is that you are an EAFP member in good standing. Eligible voters will receive an email with a link to access the election. Once voters arrive at the appropriate webpage, there will be a text presenting the nominees. All members are kindly invited to participate in voting.
Further information will follow – please look out for updates through the EAFP Newsletter, as well as the EAFP website.
Snježana Zrnčić, the EAFP General Secretary