The 14th Meeting of the French EAFP Branch
28 August 2018 – Montpellier, France
The French branch of EAFP held its biennial meeting on the morning of 28 August 2018, as an independent session during the WAS & EAS conference in Montpellier, France.
About 25 members of the French branch, as well as a number of non-EAFP members, attended the meeting.
The seven oral communications dealt with:
- Atypical genotypes of Koi Herpes Virus (JC Avarre et al., IRD Montpellier)
- A global view of IHN, VHS and KHV infections in French fish farms (L Louboutin et al., National Reference Laboratory, ANSES Plouzané)
- An epidemiological study of Aeromonas spp. infections in ponds/lakes of the Loire region (S. Calvez et al., ONIRIS, Nantes)
- The impact and significance of Tenacibaculum spp. infections in marine fish farms (A. Le Breton, Vet’eau Co.)
- Applications of Maldi-Tof and bioinformatic tools to the identification of Tenacibaculum species (S. Bridel et al., INRA Jouy-en-Josas, Labofarm Co. & Biochêne Vert Co.)
- Antibiotic susceptibility of Aeromonas spp. retrieved from farmed rainbow trout (S. Baron et al., ANSES Ploufragan)
- Reports of granuloma and deposits in internal organs of marine fish (J.C. Raymond, CNPMEM, Paris)
Jean-François Bernardet, The EAFP Branch Officer for France
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Jouy-en-Josas, France